Have you ever questioned the decisions
that have brought you to where you currently are?
I certainly have. After a long and exciting life living in countries such as Northern Ireland, England, Cyprus, Germany, and Belgium, and serving in the British Army, the New Zealand Police and many other roles (too many to mention right now!)… a few years ago I found myself in a place of internal discomfort.
I was working for New Zealand Police at the time, and although I had an amazing job that I absolutely loved, I wasn’t happy. There was a growing space inside me that was restless and yearning for something more. I didn’t know what it was or how to get it… like the edge of a dream, the more I tried to identify it, the more it slipped out of reach.
Why wasn’t I happy? What did I really want?
So I sought answers to these questions. This was a natural progression for me – I’ve always loved to study, learn and grow. The mark of a good year has always been having learned something new that year. And it was through this love of learning and seeking knowledge I entered the world of coaching.
Coaching wasn’t entirely new to me – as a training facilitator within NZ police, coaching was provided through my role.
I also had coaching when I had an identity crisis of sorts years ago. After leaving the British Army, I accompanied my husband on his tours and whilst that provided lots of opportunities, moving every few years meant that it was challenging to have a career. So whilst I had lots of different roles and learnt valuable skills and had great experiences, I felt that I didn’t have a ‘career’.
In addition to this, I had suffered from endometriosis all my life and as a direct result, I ended up with unexplained infertility. Despite spending over a decade having various fertility treatments, we were unable to have children.
This left me with a feeling of not knowing who I was. If I was unable to have a family, and I didn’t have a ‘career’, then who was I? How was I going to identify myself? What was my purpose in this life? What was I going to do with the rest of my life after the biological clock finally stopped ticking?
So I had some coaching for a short period of time. This got me thinking about what I could do with my skills and the things I had learnt, and whilst I did not know what that new direction would look like, it piqued my curiosity enough to study Neuro Linguistic Programming which was part of a life coaching diploma course.
It has been nearly 5 years since I started that particular journey of discovery, and it is still going.
The more I learn, the more I realise there is so much more to learn.
The more I learn, the more I understand who I am.
The more I learn, the more I know less about where I am going and why, however I embrace that and accept that there is a higher purpose to this journey and the path I am on.
The more I learn, the more able I am to support and help others find the keys to their own growth.
Coaching has certainly been the key that has unlocked my potential, both for myself and for the clients I serve.
Releasing the past reveals the future…
In the past, I had been focused on finding out who I was in relation to how I fit into the world around me. If I couldn’t be a mum, if I didn’t have a ‘career’, then what did that mean? Who was I?
I now understand that identity is about who you are, and not what you do. It is about letting go of the labels and the stories and just become who you were meant to be without those things. As I continue on my life’s journey, my awareness continues to grow. I am re-creating who I am each and every moment. And I can show you how to recreate your life into what you want, too.
I believe that we are all here to transform and grow.
However we get stuck in the stories of the past, and in the labels we give ourselves (or are given to us). I now know my purpose is to keep transforming and growing myself by being conscious and awake… and then using that knowledge to support others in their transformation and growth.
These days I love what I do. Sharing the knowledge and the wisdom I have with others is what lights me up. I love seeing the penny drop, the awareness, the ‘ah ha’ moment, where clients start seeing and creating a new beginning for their lives.
If you take away one message from reading about my journey, let it be this: Change is possible, it is necessary, and it is wonderful.
If you’re ready to begin, I’m here to guide your way.
“Each and every moment is an opportunity to connect, grow and create life as you wish it to be.”
I think you will agree upon seeing my range of qualifications that I am a dedicated lifelong learner. My commitment to helping my clients achieve the best result possible means I am continuously upgrading and expanding my range of skills and knowledge to best serve them.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Adult Education for Professional Development, Victoria University, 2008
- National Certificate Level 4 in Adult Education and Training, May 2008
- How To Run A Successful Workshop, The Coaching Institute, Feb 2013
- 12 + years experience running workshops, designing, developing and delivering courses and course material to a National Qualification standard
- Cert IV in Life Coaching, 22065 VIC, The Coaching Institute, June 2013
- ICG Credentialed Master Practitioner of Coaching, The Coaching Institute, February 2015
- Coaching Foundations Workshop, The Worldwide Institutes of NLP, June 2014
- Master Practitioner of Neuro-Linguistic Programming, May 2013
- Rewind Technique, Uncommon Knowledge, Sept 2016
- Wellness PSYCH-K, November 2015, Duccio Locati, Brisbane
- Advanced PSYCH-K and PRO-K, May 2015, Larry Valmore, Brisbane
- Basic PSYCH-K, November 2014, Ian Spicer, Melbourne
- Certified Practitioner of Hypnosis (Krasner), Australian Success Academy, Nov 2013
- Certified Practitioner of Hypnosis (The Coaching Institute)
- Certified Master Practitioner of Hypnotherapy (Erickson), The Coaching Institute, May 2103
- Extended DISC Accredited Consultant and Trainer, Feb 2013
- Practitioner of Matrix Therapy, March 2014
- Facilitator of Positive EFT, Kym Lawn, Nov 2013
- Certified Master Practitioner Deep State Re-Patterning, The Coaching Institute, Feb 2013
- Certified Havening Techniques ® Practitioner, July 2017
I am a proud member of:
- ICF – International Coaching Federation (Associate)
- ABNLP – Australian Board of NLP
- NZBNLP – New Zealand Board of NLP (TBC)